Joanna Gaines is a name that you might have heard before from her other work:
- Cookbooks - which are more than just recipes, they have tips for decorating and setting tables and design tips.
- She publishes a magazine called Magnolia and it is a beautiful magazine to look through that has some great articles.
- Has had a few TV design shows that she is doing or done with her husband Chip.
- Has a design business, retail and online store and a line of home decor items.
- Wrote a book with he husband about starting up their Magnolia brand.
She is everywhere in the home decor and cooking scene. Her line is beautiful. I wish it was a little easier to find in Canada but as of right now, it isn't available anywhere without shipping from the US.
I do suggest the book if you are looking for a light read. When I saw she had written a memoir I wanted to read it to see a different aspect of the woman behind the Magnolia brand. The writing style is a little different than what I am used to. It did take me a little bit longer than I thought it would take but that is probably because the writing style isn’t what I am used to. She repeats some of her thoughts but they are points that she wants the reader to focus on. I was expecting a little more about magnolia related it was more personal and family related.
I am giving it a 3.5 out of 5 it is a book I did enjoy the book and I would read it again.
Add new comment